What will children learn?
At Thundersley Primary School, our Physical Education Curriculum provides many opportunities for the children to develop a love of physical activity and sport. We aim to ensure that our delivery of physical education allows all children to have the skills and mind set to leave Primary School with the capabilities to be successful in their sporting challenges and active lifestyles at Secondary School and beyond. We do this through a high-quality curriculum, which allows the children to develop their physical skills and knowledge and apply them to specific sports. The children are exposed to a wide range of sports and activities that can be pursued further in the local area.
How will children learn?
At Thundersley Primary School, we will achieve this by:
- Teaching PE consistently each term.
- Encouraging a love and appreciation for physical activity.
- Entering physical activity participation festivals.
- Competing in local leagues and competitions.
- Teaching skills-based lessons within sporting contexts.
- Developing skills from previous years. Key skills will be revisited to challenge and develop skills further.
- Ensuring that every child develops their skills through suitable planning, effective differentiation and support in order to meet the needs of each child.
- Celebrating achievements through performances, assemblies and presentations.
- Evaluating their own performance as well as peer feedback.
- Encouraging children to surpass personal bests.
EYFS Ball Skills_ Unit 1.pdf
EYFS Fundamentals_ Unit 1.pdf
EYFS Dance_ Unit 1.pdf
EYFS Fundamentals_ Unit 2.pdf
EYFS Introduction to PE_ Unit 1.pdf
EYFS Gymnastics_ Unit 1.pdf
Y1 Net and Wall Games.pdf
y1 Sending and Receiving.pdf
Y1 Target Games.pdf
Y1 Striking and Fielding.pdf
Y1 Team Building.pdf
Y2 Ball Skills.pdf
Y2 Invasion Games.pdf
Y2 Net and Wall Games.pdf
Y2 Striking and Fielding.pdf
Y2 Team Building.pdf
What will children achieve?
By the time our children complete their journey at Thundersley Primary School they will:
- Be fully prepared to lead a healthy and active lifestyle with a lifelong love of sport.
- Have a strong foundation in fundamental movement skills for various sports and activities.
- Be confident and enjoy participating in PE lessons, extra-curricular activities, competitions and festivals.
- Be able to confidently express themselves through physical activity.
- Be able to apply basic principles of attacking and defending in specific sports.
- Evaluate and analyse their own physical performances to identify areas to improve to reach their personal best.
- Participate regularly in physical activity.
- Participate in outdoor and adventurous activity challenges.